This guide is mainly about how to convert DVD and rip DVD. Before you start reading the guide, you may have this question, why you need to convert your DVD if you can watch it on DVD player. Below are some reasons that can convince you to do that.
- 1. DVD is mpeg-2 video, but iPod, iPhone, iPad, Zune, PSP, etc support only MP4 video, you have to convert your DVD to the right format, and then you can put them on portable players.
- 2. Video editor such as Windows Movie Maker, Sony Vegas, iMovie, etc are not support DVD directly, you have to convert your DVD for editing.
- 3. The DVD has CSS copyright protected; you want to bypass the DVD copyrigth protection.
- 4. You want to copy your favorite DVD movie to computer for backup, keep it from scratching.
- 5. You want to rip some clips from the DVD to computer and upload it to Youtube, Myspace, blog, etc.
- 6. DVD has region code limitation; you want to watch your American purchased DVD on your English DVD player.
Now, if you sure you want to convert DVD or rip DVD, let’s start the guide. The tool you need is this All-in-one DVD Converter. I have tried many DVD converters, such as DVD Decrypter, Handbrake, Magic DVD Ripper, DVD Shrink, imToo, Cucusoft, Xilisoft, etc. After a series of testing, this DVD converter beat others, it’s not free, but the conversion quality is pretty good, and it has an easy-to-use interface, you can manage it easily. For more features about it, you can visit here.
If you are looking for more DVD converters, you may refer to this side-by-side DVD converter reviews.
How to convert DVD to MP4, AVI, MOV, MPEG, WMV, etc on Windows
Step 1, Download and install the DVD Converter, Insert your DVD disc into your DVD-Rom, then run the software, click “Load DVD” button and add the DVD file. You can also add DVD/IFO from your hard disk by clicking “Load File”. If you want to convert your DVD into one video file, click the option “Merge into one file”.
Step2. This software can convert DVD to various video formats such as MP4, AVI, WMV, MPEG, FLV, 3GP, VOB, MP3, etc.
- 1. If you want to copy DVD to computer in 1:1 lossless quality, please select “Lossless DVD Copy (*.vob)”.
- 2. For converting DVD to iPod, iPhone, iPad, PSP, Zune, cell phone, Apple TV, etc. You can select the proper profile according to your player type.
- 3. If you want to add DVD into Windows Movie Maker or Sony Vegas for editing, you can chose “WMV – Windows Media Video (*wmv)” profile.
- 4. You can also use it to extract the audio tack from DVD to MP3, WMA, AAC, AC3, audio, etc.
This DVD converter provides rich options for setting, if you know more about computer; you can customize the video and audio parameter by opening the setting panel.
Step3. Select Subtitle and Audio
Regular DVD movies usually have several subtitles such as English, French, German, etc. You can select one you prefer. You can also delete the subtitle by selecting “No Subtitle”. Selecting Audio is the same.
After the above steps, click “Start” to start conversion. This tool is not only a DVD converter, but also a powerful DVD editor; you can trim DVD, cut DVD, and crop DVD with it.
How to convert DVD to MP4, AVI, MOV, MPEG, WMV, etc on Mac
This All-in-one DVD Converter also has Mac version, if you want to convert DVD on Mac, you can download its Mac version from here
The operation steps are similar to windows version, I’m not repeating here. If you are interested in it, here is a step by step guide about how to use it to convert DVD on Mac.
Latest posts by Bruce Valdeo (see all)
- How to Delete Duplicate Songs from iTunes – Remove Duplicate Songs - June 19, 2019
- How to Convert DVD to MP4 AVI MPEG WMV VOB MOV FLV MP3 - June 18, 2019
- How to burn AVI DivX XviD Movie to a Playable DVD - June 10, 2019