Doc is a file format that used by Microsoft Word, OpenOffice and others. While there might be times you need to convert Doc to PDF. For you will save a lot of space on your computer if you convert your Doc files to PDF format. This is because PDFs are very compact and small. Another benefit of converting Doc into PDF format is that you will make them more secure. You will have total control over your files by encrypting them, adding passwords, using watermarks and so on. Below we will show you top 10 Doc to PDF converter to help you to change the file format easily.
- Part 1: Top 5 Free Doc to PDF Converter for Mac
- Part 2: Top 5 Free Doc to PDF Converter for Windows
- Part 3: How to Convert Doc to PDF in High Quality
Part 1: Top 5 Best Tools to Convert Doc to PDF on Mac
PDF Creator for Mac has wonderful features that will help you create and work with PDF files very easily. You can use it to create PDF from Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint without changing the original quality of the source file. You will not need to go through the trouble of pre-installing Microsoft Office on your Mac to be able to create PDF. It will prove to be a really handy application especially if you always need to deal with a lot of PDF documents on a daily basis. You can import multiple PDF files to it in order to create a lot of PDFs at once. The PDFs that this application creates can work with any PDF editor, PDF converter, PDF reader and other third party applications.
Key Features of PDF Creator:
- Easily convert DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, and PPTX to PDF.
- Allow you to import unlimited Micorsoft files and without size limitation.
- Support batch convert multiple files to PDF at once.
- Provide high quality PDF output and can be supported by many PDF applications.
#2: Cisdem PDFCreator for Mac
This is a utility that allows you to create PDF from different file formats including Word, Text, Epub and PowerPoint. Its conversion quality is high and images, underlined text, tables, font and style and other elements are retained during conversion. It has a user friendly interface that will not give you a hard time navigating.
- The output formats that are supported are very few.
- To enjoy advanced features, you need to purchase the full version.
#3: Coolmuster Word to PDF Converter for Mac
With this software, you can create searchable PDFs from your Word documents very easily. The original layout, format, text and pictures are preserved after the conversion. The software has an easy to use interface that enables you to finish the conversion process with just a few clicks.
- The full version is too expensive for personal use.
- It opens very slowly.
#4: Doxillion Free Mac Document Converter
This application converts between different file formats, including docx, doc, pdf, rtf, xml, html, xml and odt. You can use it to convert documents at one time or in a batch. It also supports conversion of images to text with OCR technology.
- You will not be able to edit your PDF files directly when you use it.
- Getting used to it for the first time can prove to be difficult and tedious.
#5: Canyua PDF Creator Pro for Mac
There is so much that you can do with this application. You can create PDF documents and convert word documents to PDF format very easily. It supports creation of PDF directly with different kinds of objects, including tables, textboxes, images, hyperlinks and so on. It also allows you to set your PDF security access and scan documents from scanner as PDF.
- Watermarks on the converted pages when using the trial version.
- A lot of limitations during conversion.
Part 2: Top 5 Doc to PDF Converter for Windows
With PDF Editor for Windows, you have total control over your PDF files. Whether you want to do simple tasks such as inserting rotating, deleting and cropping files or complex tasks such as changing background or adding watermarks, it will allow you to do all that with ease. It has optimized text editing options that will turn your working environment inside it into a professional editor that does not have the well-known hassles. You can use it to create PDF files from scratch and convert them into any format you want. It also opens the door to a wide range of tools that you can use to create forms that can be filled very easily using standard document viewing applications.
- Convert Microsoft Offlice, EPUB, Webpage and more to PDF.
- Enable powerful PDF editing tools allows you to edit PDF easily.
- Convert PDF to Word, Excel, EPUB, and other editable formats.
- Secure PDF with password, watermark and digital signature.
- Allow you share PDF files directly to anywhere you want.
If you are looking for a Doc to PDF converter that works smoothly with Windows operating system, try PrimoPDF. It works as a virtual printer. You will be assured of consistent PDF creation when using it. It also allows you to combine many PDF files into one PDF very easily.
- It requires Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 to work.
- It downloads automatic updates every time it converts.
#3: 7-PDF Maker
Being a standalone program, you do not need to install a PDF printer to be able to use 7-PDF Maker. You simply need to run it and then the Word file that you want to convert and then change the settings. The PDF file will be generated automatically.
- Its interface is a bit hard to navigate.
- When using it, you are bound to experience occasional page number problems.
This is one of the most lightweight Doc to PDF converters in the world with the web installer being only 1.5 MB. It does not require third party applications and barely uses resources when converting your files. As soon as it is installed, you will be able to create PDF files for free.
- Additional software will be automatically installed to your system when using this application.
- The main interface does not have the conversion options.
#5: BullZip PDF Printer
This application works as a Microsoft Windows printer and enables you to write PDF files from any MS Windows application. It does not have any limitations or any advertising or popups. It supports a wide range of file formats.
- It can experience functional glitches during conversion.
- It installs add-ons automatically to your browser.
Part 3: How to Convert from DOC to PDF Format
Download and install The PDF Editor for Windows or PDF Creator for Mac right away. In the following guide I will tell you how to create PDF document using a DOC file on Windows.
Step 1. Add Your File to the Program
Download and install PDF Editor for Windows and then launch the application. Once the main interface opens, select the “Create PDF” option to begin.
As soon as you click on “Create PDF”, a popup window should open that will let you select the DOC file you need converted into PDF document. Once you have select the DOC file, press on the button “Open”.
Step 2. Edit and Annotate PDF (Optional)
Once your file has been loaded, you can make changes as needed (edit or add text etc) from this interface itself. Go to the “Edit” tab and then choose the options you need. If you want to annotate PDF, you can find corresponding tools under the “Comment” tab.
Step 3. Save DOC as PDF File
Now, click on the “File” tab and select the option of “Save As” to save the DOC file as a PDF document. On the next screen, the software will ask you to specify the location and name of this new converted PDF document. After having filled it all, click on the button “Save” to save the DOC file as a PDF document at last.