Apple has released iOS 6 for all compatible devices, this consists of the iPhone five, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPad two, iPad 3, iPod touch 4th gen, and iPod touch 5th gen. iOS six involves many different new functions and refinements, makes Sharing possible with Photo Streams, adds Apple’s new Maps app and turn-by-turn directions, and brings Siri to devices like the iPad three. Upgrading is simple, back up first and then use on the list of following 3 strategies to install the update.
Before update to iOS 6, remember to backup your iOS devices. It’s easier to use iCloud to make a backup, go through your iOS device Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup > Back Up Now, done. Or you can follow this step by step guide to transfer songs, videos, apps and photos from your iPod/iPhone/iPad to computer.
A number of these capabilities incorporate PassBook, a fresh technique to preserve track of tickets, coupons and loyalty cards that will hit all iOS six gadgets. Other capabilities like turn by turn voice navigation will arrive within the iPhone 4S. The update also brings a better Siri practical experience on the iPhone 4S and adds Siri for the New iPad. The video clip beneath highlights many of these new iOS six characteristics.
Now let’s start the guide of how to update Apple iOS 6. You can update your iOS device through computer or wifi. I took my iPhone 4s as example in this guide, the operation steps are the same for iPod touch and iPad.
Method 1:Throught computer
- Connect the iPhone to your Windows computer or Mac, and then open iTunes.
- Backup the iPhone files. You can backup iPhone through iTunes or iCloud.
- As long as you don’t turn off the iTunes automatically update feature. iTunes will tell you there is an update (iOS 6) for your iPhone. If it does, confirm that you want to install it. If not, click on your device in the iTunes sidebar and tap the Check for Updates button. When an update is found, confirm that you want to install it.
- Wait for the update to download and, when finished, confirm you want to install it. Wait for the update to install.
- After the update completed, the iPhone will be automatically reboot, and you will need to do some simple setup to get started, that’s all. It couldn’t be easier to update iOS 6 like that.
Method 2: Through Wifi or 3G
- Charge the iPhone to full power, Or you can connect the iPhone to power during the update process.
- Backup the iPhone files.
- Go to the iPhone Settings app.
- Tap the General tab.
- Tap the Software Update tab.
- Wait the iPhone to check for updates. When it finds an available update, install it.
- Wait for the update to download and install. Don’t do anything with the iPhone while it updating.
If you want to enjoy video on Apple iOS 6 devices, this Video Converter for Mac will help you a lot.
- How to Download Online ebooks to your Tablet - May 20, 2021
- How to Transfer Files Between iPhone and Android Phone - May 17, 2021
- Top 10 Fitness Apps Help You to Workout from Anywhere - May 11, 2021