Why do we need Video Editing Software
- 1. With Video Editing Software, you can capture video from digital recorders; the best can capture video from DV, HDV, MicroDV, AVCHD and analog camcorders as well as from digital and PC cameras. Capture video from traditional entertainment formats, like analog TV and VCR recording with the right hardware.
- 2. With Video Editing Software, you can rearrange, mix or combine video, with timeline editing, you can drag & drop video clips or files to where you want them to be. Add titles, menus and text to your video creations. Many programs come with numerous menu and title templates and also let you add text effects. Add music, narration or sound effects. Have fun with your video! Create memories with sound-tracked wedding or birthday videos or humorous clips with sound effects or a comedic narration.
- 3. With Video Editing Software, you can Post Online and share your creations with the world! Easily post to your video blog (vblog) or to YouTube, Google Video, Grouper or any other of your favorite video sites.
- 4. With Video Editing Software, you can create an Online Video Album. Sites like Drop Shots, StashSpace or MyPhotoAlbum offer family-friendly protected accounts. So you can create a private online space where you can share your video with family and friends.
- 5. With Video Editing Software, you can burn to DVD, create video gifts and marketing presentations or archive your collection on to DVD or Blu-ray disc.
- 6. With Video Editing Software, you can upload video files in popular formats like video from players such as Windows Media Player, QuickTime and RealVideo.
How do we review Video Editing Software?
First of all, we have strictly scaned and reviewed all the Video Editing Software with Norton Anti-virus Pro and AVG Spyware detector, they all pass the test without any spyware and viruses warning, so you can download and use them safely, they will not ruin your computer. The following is the criteria ReviewsTown used to Video Editing software:
- Ease of Use – Video editing requires multi-step edits, which are inherently intricate and complex, so the program needs to be designed as well as easy to use.
- Capture / Playback – Good video editing software allows capturing of video from multiple sources like DV/AVCHD/miniDV camcorders, analog camcorders, VCR, and TV. Playback should be as smooth as possible to make editing easier.
- Editing Tools– Video editing software must allow you to edit video in timeline and storyboard mode, and make trimming scenes, cutting video, and adding text simple processes. The best video editing software even corrects lighting, changes the aspect ratio on the fly and helps stabilize shaky camera work.
- Editing Effects / Transitions– It’s important that video editing software includes a library of effects, or filters to give your clips a certain look. Transitions help you segue from scene to scene smoothly, so having a library of standard transitions is also paramount. Finally, the ability to overlay animated or static objects is key to giving your clips that professional touch.
- Audio and Photo Editing – Not all video editing software comes with audio tracks included, so you must be able to import your own music from CDs or your hard drive. Trimming, fading, and extending audio tracks to fit a scene is essential. Most video editing software programs allow you to import your own pictures and insert them as overlaid or picture-in-picture objects. The best software allows basic photo editing such as cropping, resizing, and adjusting lighting and color saturation.
- Export / Production – Once you’ve finished adding music, voice, effects, transitions, and titles to your video, you’ll want to export it to a video format or two. Common formats include flash video (FLV, for YouTube), iPod, PSP, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4, VCD, SVCD, DVD, AVI, WMV, MOV, and even AVCHD.
- Disc Creation – If you want to showcase your videos on a computer or DVD player, you can create a disc with or without a menu. Good video editing software comes with a library of DVD menu templates, and even makes it easy to create your own.
AVS Video Editor
WS Video Editor
Movavi Video Suite
Ease of Use
Capture / Playback
Capture from Analog/AVCHD
Capture from HDV/MiniDV/DVD
Drag and Drop
Import SD/HD Video
Video Editing Features
Add Text to Video
Correct Backlight & Lighting
Change Aspect Ratio (16:9 or 4:3)
Zoom In / Out
Add Music to Menu
Create Custom Menus
Divide into Chapters
Video Effects / Transitions
Slow / Fast Motion Effects
(Brightness, Contrast, Hue, etc.)
Add Text, Titles, Scrolling Credits
Green Screen Editing
Export / Disc Creator
Publish / Upload to YouTube
iPod, PSP, Zune, etc
MPEG-1, 2, 4
VCD / SVCD / DVD
Windows Media (WMV, AVI, MPEG, ASF)
Mac Compatible Video (MOV, MP4)
Windows XP/ 2000
64bit & 32bit
Click to learn more