This guide is mainly about how to rip DVD and convert video to BlackBerry Phone. First, you should know what video format is BlackBerry Storm supports.
Because DVD has CSS copyright protection, we need a program to rip DVD and convert video for BlackBerry Phone. The tool we use is BlackBerry Converter Suite, it includes two programs: DVD to BlackBerry Phone Converter and BlackBerry Phone Video Converter. This program not only supports BlackBerry Storm, but also BlackBerry Curve, BlackBerry Pearl and BlackBerry Bold series.
It supports audio and video format as follow:
Video: DVD, ISO, AVI, MPEG, MKV, MP4, MP4-AVC, M4V, WMV, MOV, 3GP, 3G2, MPG, FLV, ASF, VOB
Audio: WMA, M4A, MP3, AAC, AC3, WMA
For more info about this BlackBerry Converter Suite, you can refer to here.
And here is the free download link, about 12.4 MB.
Now, let’s start the guide about converting DVD and Video to BlackBerry Phone.
Step1, Download and install the BlackBerry Phone converter suite, and then click DVD to BlackBerry Converter to lunch it.
Step2. Load DVD into the software by clicking “Add DVD file”.
Here we can load three kinds of DVD's:
1. Real DVD, just put the DVD in your DVD drive and click load DVD, (you can find it by clicking the triangle on the right of 'load file' button.)
2. DVD ISO image, you can amount your ISO files in the daemon tools and then load the virtual DVD drive.
3. A DVD folder, sometimes you may store the DVD folder in your hard drive, it appears like "Video_TS" "Audio_TS" folders. You can load it by clicking the "load DVD folders" button.
Step3. Select Profile, Subtitle, Audio, output directory setting
After you load DVD into the software, click the Profile drop-down list to select the proper format according to your BlackBerry Type, this guide is mainly about how to convert DVD and video to BlackBerry Storm, so we select the “BlackBerry Storm 9500(*.mp4)” profile.
Regular DVD movies usually have several subtitles such as English, French, German, etc. You can select one you prefer. You can also delete the subtitle by selecting “No Subtitle”. Selecting Audio Track is the same. If you want to join all your DVD files into one video file, please click the button "Merge". For more advanced setting, you can open the setting panel by clicking “Setting”.
Step4. Start the conversion
After all things done, you can click the “Start” to begin the conversion; it will take about 30 minutes for converting a regular two hours DVD movie. When the conversion finished, click "Open Folder" to located the converted video on your computer, connect your BlackBerry Phone to computer, and then copy the video to your BlackBerry memory card, that’s all. Then you can enjoy your favorites DVD movies on your BlackBerry Phone.
For converting video to BlackBerry Phone, you can click “Video to BlackBerry” to run the BlackBerry Video Converter, the operation steps are similar to DVD to BlackBerry Converter, So I’m not repeat here. But I want to add some tips to the BlackBerry Video Converter.
- 1. The Video to BlackBerry Converter supports batch conversion, so you can add and convert multiple video files at one time.
- 2. The Video to BlackBerry Converter embeds powerful video editing functions, you can use it to cut video, trim video, crop video, and you can even add a watermark to the video.
- 3. The Video to BlackBerry Converter can also help you convert video file to MP3, WMA, AAC, etc audio, so you can set it as your BlackBerry ringtone.