If you buy movies or TV shows through iTunes store on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Compare with the device smaller screen, it could better to enjoy the movies on your TV. And this step by step guide will show you how to connect iPhone iPad or iPod touch to TV, it’s easy to understand even you are computer newbie.
If you want to put your own DVD movie on iPod iPhone or iPad, this DVD Video to iPod/iPhone/iPad Converter is what you need.
There are two ways to enjoy iPhone iPad or iPod movies on TV.
Method 1. Connect iPhone iPad and iPod to TV through Apple TV
If you already had an Apple TV, with the new iOS 5 feature, you can stream your iTunes purchases to TV VIA Apple TV. Apple TV connects to your wireless or wired network and can now mirror anything that is being displayed on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
- At first, your Apple devices have to be running iOS 5 and your Apple TV must have the latest firmware.
- Once you have it setup in your house, just make sure your Apple TV and your iPhone iPad or iPod touch are connected to the same network
- Double press the home button on your Apple device. Swipe to the right and you’ll get the music controls, rotation lock icon and an airplay icon.
- Click the AirPlay icon and you’ll see the Apple TV listed there.
- Click “Apple TV” and then you’ll get an option to turn Mirroring on. Start playing the movie on your apple devices and your device display will be shown on TV instantly. That’s all; it couldn’t be easier to connect iPhone, iPad or iPhone to TV like that.
Method 2. Connect iPhone iPad or iPod to TV with cable
If you don’t have Apple TV, you can buy a cable to connect your Apple devices to TV or computer monitor. There are two types of cable, HDMI cable and VGA cable.
Both cables support iPhone 5, 4S, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4th Gen, iPad 1 and the iPad 2. You can plug an HDMI cable directly into your apple device. Connect the other side to your TV, that’s all. The HDMI cable will charge you $39.
If your TV does not support HDMI, you can use the VGA adapter which cost only $29. This cable works with the same set of devices mentioned above, and you can also connect your iPhone iPad or iPod touch to computer monitor with VGA cable.